I am very proud and privileged to be the Executive Headteacher of Oaklands. I was humbled to be honoured by her majesty the Queen in 2015 birthday honour list for services to education; Oaklands has played an important part in my honour.
- A comprehensive community school of 800 11 – 19 learners..
- A fully inclusive school with a wealth of opportunities for all learners to achieve their full potential.
- A high performing school which has learning, teaching and achievement as its central focus. In 2018, our GCSE performance was one of the highest in Tower Hamlets! Progress 8 scores are well above the National Average for the fifth year in a row. 80% of all grades were at 4 or higher and one third of all grades were at 7,8 or 9.
- A school with a strong international dimension and Full International Status.
- A school which serves the local community and promotes co-operation, responsibility and respect.
- Oaklands has been a specialist Science College since 2003 with many students studying triple science. Results are in the top 5% in the country.
- Oaklands became a Specialist School for Modern Foreign Languages in 2008. We are consistently in the top centile for languages.
- An extended school which offers out of hours learning and enrichment. Oaklands has strong and supportive partnerships which includes Clare College Cambridge, Nomura and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Oaklands is very much a community school which reflects the local neighbourhood and the community of Tower Hamlets, working together in mutual respect and harmony. We are building upon 21 years of success and we believe the best is yet to come.
Patrice Canavan OBE MA NLE